Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Did you think that I was never coming back?


I thought about staying, I really did.

Who in their right mind would want to go from this . . .


to this?


Or this . . .


to this?


Since I had no connection to the outside world while on vacation on a resort in the Dominican Republic, I didn't know it was cold and snowy back home.


If I had, I just might have stayed on the beach until April.

But my sunburn was sunburned, there was sand where sand should never be, I ate so much that my shorts were beginning to get kind of tight, all of the green and sunshine was giving me a headache and I was tired of drinking pina coladas, delivered by very cute cabana boys.








Visiting Punta Cana was wonderful but I was ready to come home.  Even if home was cold and snowy.  Even if it meant I had to get back on several planes.  Even if customs in a foreign county made me very nervous.

All I want now is a glass of ice tea with actual ICE and a big, juicy Nebraska beef hamburger!

It is so good to be back in the United States.

Now, back to normal.  

And catching up on all that I missed while basking in the sun.





16 comments:

The Whistle Stop said...

I don't know it looks pretty darn nice!!! We went to Costa Rica a few years ago. Loved it... just wish I could come & go as I please! That darn money & work thing gets in the way! Glad you had a safe trip home.
Laurie :)

Joanna said...

BEAUTIFUL photos, I am mighty jealous! We're in the thick of snow and ice at the moment too, so a dose of sunshine and pina coladas would go down a treat. I can dream, I suppose!

xx

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Welcome Back! I think I would have had a hard time tearing myself away from that paradise!

Loris Glassworks said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures, I've been dying to go to the Dominican Republic. I'm envious...hope you had a great time.
Cheers!
Lori

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

Welcome home :) Amazing pictures...I'm a "little bit" jealous!!! Laurel

Kmcblackburn said...

Welcome home! Looks like you had a marvelous tiime in the sunshine. I've never been to Punta Cana, but have heard it is marvelous...as your photos attest to.

Kathy

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Welcome home! Now, don;t you worry about all of us here..cold and snowed-upon. No cabana boys or pina coladas in sight..we did fine and we're not one bit jealous..well..amybe jsut a wee bit!

photos are lovely!

Donna said...

Tired of drinking pina colada's delivered by a cute cabana boy? NEVER! lol...

Welcome home!

Carole said...

Gosh I haven't thought of a pina colada in yrs....now I want one. It's nice to get away but makes us appreciate our home so much doesn't it?
Welcome home,
Carole

Blessed Serendipity said...

How wonderful to have a little vacation and sun. Welcome home girl! Missed your posts.

xo,
Danielle

Rhonda said...

See, all that means is that you have created a nice life for yourself!
Vacations are great but give me my own bed.

Great images of paradise, sigh...

Jill said...

Oh that looked really nice! Glad you got to get away!

Tina said...

Looks like you had an awesome trip. Wonderful photos.

red.neck chic said...

Good GRIEF Connie!!! Seriously - I can't decide if I'm drooling over the thought of drinks delivered on the beach in the sun by cute cabana boys OR the fact that you have snow! LOLOL

Heck - I'd take them both! LOL

I am THRILLED TO TEARS to think that you are trying to come to Round Top/Warrenton!!! You betcha that I will save a special somethin' just for you!!! Set aside a couple of hours for me 'cause you know I wanna hear some stories! About snow, and cute cabana boys... and all kinds of things!

;-D
robelyn

Sharon said...

Welcome home Connie! No matter where we vacation it's always good to be home and comfy again :) Glad you had a great time (minus the sunburn and sand) and that you made it back safely.
Enjoy your burger :)

Sharon

Lee Weber said...

Oh, SO jealous!! Sick of the Maine winter, that's for sure... Hope you had an amazing time!